Progress Care Solutions is an established independent provider of a range of services for vulnerable children and young adults.
With high success rates and a proven track record in placement stability, increasing resilience and reducing dependency, we can blend a range of services together to provide seamless transitions through residential, foster care, semi-independent and independent living.
The post holder is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality care in a family setting through the formal supervision and support of foster carers in accordance with the Care Standards Act 2000, The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review and Fostering Services Regulations 2013 and Progress Children’s Services policies and procedures.
Please note the post holder must be a qualified social worker.
In addition, you will be responsible for the recruitment, training and assessment of foster carers who can provide placements for children and young people from a range of diverse backgrounds. If you have experience and knowledge of working with children with disabilities would be an advantage.
- Provide monthly supervision visits to foster carers, including regular telephone support and occasional unannounced visits, all of which are to be recorded.
- Facilitate skills to foster training for prospective applicants and post-approval training.
- Undertake competency-based Form F assessments of prospective foster carers
- Undertake respite care assessments in accordance with Schedule 3 reports and present these to panel.
- Facilitate monthly carers support groups as required.
- Contribute to the annual review process of foster carers suitability and competencies ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children and young people.
- Involved in the recruitment of carers through publicity, information events and initial visits.
- Source suitable placements for foster carers by ensuring that each child or young person placed is carefully matched with carers capable of meeting their demands.
- Obtain all pertinent LAC documentation, core assessments from Local Authorities and or related agencies.
- Ensure compliance with child protection procedures.
- Ensure that the protection of children and safeguarding their welfare is given priority in all activities and that serious incidents, allegations and complaints are recorded and acted upon appropriately in line with Agency procedures.
- Develop and maintain links with Local Authority staff to ensure the child’s care plan is promoted.
- Prepare reports for and attend children’s reviews, case conferences,
- Professionals meetings, court proceedings and other meetings as required.
- Support foster carers in preparing children and young people for independent or semi-independent living.
- Undertake evening visits and weekend work as and when required.
- Participate in the out of hours support service.
- Ensure comprehensive case recordings are maintained for foster carers, children and young people on placement as required by the Agency and National Minimum Fostering Standards.
- Adhere to Progress’ social work and foster care policy and procedures manuals.
- Ensure carers maintain accurate records of children in placement and that they are kept up to date.
- Ensure carers understand the task, competencies to be achieved, standards expected, Agency policies including complaints and representations procedure and facilitate usage if required.
- Undertake direct work and assessment of foster carers, child/young person according to identified needs.
- Ensure foster carers utilise respite appropriately and in the child/young person’s best interests.
- Represent and promote Progress at every opportunity.
- Ensure practice is in line with OFSTED requirements.
- Responsibility for your own professional development, supervision, appraisal and relevant training opportunities as necessary.
- Make constructive use of supervision and work closely with team members and the Team Manager to enhance personal and team developments.
- Ensure all Progress policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Attend conferences and reviews as required for children placed with foster carers.
- Attend in house training and development as necessary for the post.
- To be familiar and keep up to date on new government policy and legislation relating to child care issues.
- Ensure Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment.
- Ensure compliance with Equal Opportunities at all times.
- To undertake any other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objective of the post commensurate with ability and aptitude.
- Have the opportunity to influence Agency policy and practice.
- Involved in working groups to affect changes in operational processes and protocols.
- Contribute to the preparation and planning of OFSTED Inspections and being responsible for ensuring your individual caseload is in line with Agency and OFSTED requirements.
- Cover colleagues’ work as a consequence of sickness and/or leave.
- Attend regular monthly team meetings and national meetings.
- Work in partnership with the relevant disciplines involved in the Agency’s fostering service.
- Travel is required across the West Midlands area and on some occasions, you will be required to travel beyond this.
- To take every reasonable opportunity to maintain and improve personal and professional competence.
- To participate in a personal objective setting and review, including the creation and achievement of a personal development review plan.
- You will be expected to adopt a flexible attitude to the duties of the post.
- You will undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with this grade, at the initially agreed place of work or at other locations in the company catchment areas.
- You will be a strong written and verbal communicator with good IT skills, a flexible and adaptable approach and be to travel to support the growth of the service.
At Progress, we expect all staff to:
- To work in an internal and external customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and good practice.
- To assist in / manage the identification, development and implementation of Manual and Information Technology systems and procedures.
- To comply with the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct, other relevant policy, procedures and legislation.
- To comply with and / or ensure compliance with the Company Data Protection Policies and the Data Act and other relevant legislation.
- To comply with Progress Care Solutions’ safety policy and other safety procedures and guidelines are deemed part of the job description. Employees must look after their own Health & Safety and welfare and be mindful of other persons who may be affected by their acts. Employers must co-operate and comply with Management instructions regarding Health & Safety issues and report all accidents, incidents and problems as soon as practicable to their Supervisor, Manager or other senior members of staff available.
The responsibilities above cannot totally encompass or define all tasks which may be required of you. The outline responsibilities given above may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility or grade.
Progress works in a dynamic environment and inevitably the details of any job change with time. In consultation with you, the job description will be revised and issued as necessary. The appraisal process in place in the company will be a mechanism for instigating discussions and subsequent amendments to this document.
Closing Date 26th January 2020