Residential Support Worker
Residential support worker is a succession role which has a fixed base but has an element of variety based on the needs of the children and young people within different homes. Our company offers lots of opportunities to progress for example: ‘… a current employee originally started with Progress Care Solutions as a cook and is now a residential manager’.
“Staff’s thorough understanding of young people’s needs means that care planning is personalised and supports young people to make exceptional progress that’s enhances their life chances” – Ofsted
*GOOD & OUTSTANDING RATINGS of Progress Care Homes.
- Consistent support to children and young adults with varying needs such as sensory, communication, behavioural, physical, emotional or health
- Provide a safe, caring and consistent home life for each young person to encourage and develop their independence
- Ensuring all health and educational needs of young people are met
- Undertake keyworker/co-keyworker responsibilities
- Active participation in (CPD) continuing professional development
- Experience of 2 years within a similar setting required
- Flexibility to work shift patterns, cover for absence & undertake sleep in duties
- Roles subject to a satisfactory DBS check
- Working in setting endorsed by professionals and customers
- Dress code: Flexible/ appropriate for the activities you are doing
- Various Learning & Development Opportunities (includes access to financial support for professional fees)