Fostering with Progress
Progress is a small, family-owned agency. Our main objective is to enable positive change for vulnerable children and young people. Those coming into our care have experienced adversity, and may also have a disability or additional needs.
We rely on our Foster Carers to make sure every young person joining the Progress family is given the chance to improve their self esteem, gain valuable life skills and achieve their full potential.
Of course we don’t expect our foster families to do this alone. As part of a passionate and committed close-knit team, our Foster Carers have all the support they need, both from our dedicated Social Workers and Support Workers, and through the unique wrap-around services available via the Progress Hub.
We recognise what a huge decision becoming a Foster Carer can be. Progress makes the journey as straightforward as possible.
Training and opportunities
If you decide to foster with Progress, you can be sure that we’ll always be there with the tools and knowledge you need to fulfill your role and develop your skills.
We provide personalised training plans, tailored to help you meet the specific needs of every child you care for.
We also offer a wide range of accredited courses and specialist workshops that can help you build your understanding in particular areas – such as childhood trauma – and allow you to develop your fostering career in any direction you choose.
Fostering can be challenging, but you’re never alone. We’ll always be there, whenever you need us, 24/7, 365 days a year.
On top of that, we’ll put you in touch with local support groups and networks of experienced Foster Carers who can offer advice, buddying services, and, quite importantly, the chance to socialise with other foster families.
As a Progress Foster Carer, you can also rely on the unique support services from The Hub. These include community-based activities, clubs, and short breaks, support from key workers, and even up to 21 nights respite – so you can always get a rest when you need one.
What we can offer you
As a Progress Foster Carer you’ll receive a competitive rate of pay and a professional career path with all the training you need to excel in your role. We’ll provide opportunities to undertake flexible work in other areas of our organisation too, so you can build your knowledge and also have some financial security between placements. And we’ll encourage you to continue your professional development – through training courses and even funded degrees – so you have the chance to increase your skills and eventually take on more specialist and more highly paid work.
Our Fostering Offer
- OFSTED inspection ‘GOOD’
- Professional career path with training and support
- Personalised support plans, tailored to meet the needs of the
individual child and family
- Birthday and festival allowances provided
- Opportunity to undertake flexible support work in other areas of
the organisation, to increase skills and provide financial security
- Competitive rates of pay
- Out of hours support (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Training to upskill Foster Carers, enabling opportunities for
specialist, higher paid work
- Therapeutic training offered around trauma and recovery to
all Foster Carers
- Continuous Professional Development, including funded degree
- Opportunities to visit other services and provisions of the company
and shadow, once approved
- Step-down placements from our residential settings, this offers:
– Planned moves
– Support from key workers
– Shared Care with our residential services during placements
– Support from the organisation’s Hub services, such as one to one work with the young person to support stability of placement and engagement
- Bespoke support model which can include up to 21 nights respite
depending upon the young person’s needs
- Investors in People- Gold and ‘One to Watch’ Best Companies
Interested in becoming
a foster carer?
Fill in this quick enquiry form and one of our friendly team will call you back within two working days to discuss your options.
Come and meet us
Would you like to come and talk to us, why not drop by one of our events, check the calendar below to find an event near you:
To help us with research into how social media could be used to increase foster carer numbers, please take our survey here!